The conference will have both in-person posters and online posters.
For in-person participants, there will be two poster sessions. The first group of posters will be displayed on Monday and Tuesday December 4-5, and the second group of posters will be displayed Wednesday-Friday December 6-8. The size of the posters is the standard A0 format: 841 mm wide x 1190 mm tall (portrait mode). Adhesive poster putty will be provided for displaying the posters. All in-person presenters are invited to give a 1 minute summary of their poster in poster flash sessions that will be held throughout the week.
We will use Zenodo as the repository for both in-person and online posters. We will also use the conference Slack to allow easy browsing of the posters and enable online discussion about them. Please see the information below on how to upload your presentations to Zenodo. Please upload your presentations by December 1, 2023. If you do not want to upload your poster to Zenodo but would like your poster to appear in the Slack channel, please send your poster to [email protected].
Posters will then be uploaded to the Slack workspace by the LOC. The Slack workspace will have two types of channels regarding the posters:
- General channels to browse the posters, per scientific category: These will include all the PDFs of the posters to facilitate browsing them. These channels will be set to “Read-only” for participants. They will be divided by category and by online vs in-person, for a total of 10 channels. Each entry in this channel with the PDF of the poster will also include a tag leading to an individual channel of that poster.
- Individual channels for each poster: these channels will host all discussions about each poster. There will be one channel per poster, easily accessible from a link in the general “browser” channel.
Everyone will automatically join the browser channels, but not the individual channels. More information about the conference Slack workspace can be found here.
How to upload posters to Zenodo
We wish to make the presented posters available through Zenodo (https://www.zenodo.org), a CERN-developed platform for permanent storage of digital content. General information about the "ESO conference proceedings 2.0” at Zenodo can be found at http://www.eso.org/sci/meetings/zenodo.html.
The main advantages of Zenodo are that the content will be:
- citable: Zenodo will assign DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers; http://www.doi.org) to all submissions
- discoverable: the ESO Library will ensure the inclusion of the conference collection in the ADS Abstract Service
- archived: Zenodo will preserve the material permanently
The Zenodo privacy notice is available here: https://about.zenodo.org/privacy-policy
To include your contribution in the conference proceedings, please upload it to Zenodo following the steps below. These instructions are similar to the ones to upload your slides, but modifying the “Resource type” to “Poster”:
- Make sure you have access to Zenodo (either through a personal account or using your ORCID or Github ID)
- Log into Zenodo at https://zenodo.org/uploads/new?community=alma2023
- Upload your contribution as follows:
- drag and drop PDF of your poster; click Start Upload (suggestion for file naming: ALMA2023_Poster_LastName.pdf)
- Resource type:
- Select Poster
- Basic information:
- Title: Title of your presentation
- Creator: Name, FirstName / Affiliation / ORCID (if available) of all co-authors/ Role
- Description: Abstract of your contribution
- License: The SOC suggests accepting the default Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. The CC-BY license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0) allows re-distribution and re-use of a licensed work on the condition that the creator is appropriately credited.
- Optional: Conference (click bar to open section)
- Conference title: ALMA at 10 years: Past, Present, and Future
- Acronym: alma2023
- Place: Puerto Varas, Chile
- Dates: December 4-8, 2023
- Website: https://www.almaobservatory.org/en/alma-at-10-years-past-present-and-future/
- For the other fields, we suggest leaving them empty or accept the default values.
- When you are finished, click Publish to community.
The ALMA posters submitted to Zenodo can be found at https://zenodo.org/search?q=meeting.acronym%3A%22alma2023%22.
Please note that once you have granted your consent to include your presentation in the Zenodo collection by providing the required details, and after successful upload of your contribution, it will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), will be indexed in the ADS Abstract Service, and shall remain available permanently. Therefore, please only upload final versions which are suitable for public distribution, please upload before December 1st. In case you absolutely need to withdraw or replace your uploaded content, please contact us.