Information for speakers
All talks of the conference will be livestreamed online to allow remote attendance. Each session will also be recorded. By the end of each day, the recording of the sessions will be made accessible to all registered participants. At a later time after the conference, the recording will be edited and posted online. A privacy statement with more details will be sent to all speakers and participants.
We highly encourage all presentations to be in 16:9 format in order to make the best use of the projectors in the conference room.
Unless otherwise indicated in the program schedule, invited talks are 25 minutes total (20 minutes for the presentation and 5 minute for questions. Contributed talks are 15 minutes (12 minutes for the presentation and 3 minutes for questions).
Information for in-person speakers
Only the conference room computer will be used to display the presentations. In-person speakers will need to upload their talks to the computer in the conference room before their talk. Supported formats are PDF, Powerpoint (pptx), and Keynote.
Information for online speakers
Participants with an online oral contribution will receive a Zoom link the day of their talk, to which they should connect 10 minutes before the scheduled time of their talk. The Zoom meeting will be used as a virtual studio, in which the IT team of the venue, and a member of the LOC will be present. The conference room will also be connected to this Zoom meeting via multiple cameras located in the room. The online speakers will give their talks by sharing their screen within this Zoom meeting. Once the online talk starts, the IT team will display the shared screen and the camera stream of the speaker in the conference room and on the online livestream. The online speakers will also be able to see, hear and answer the questions from the room within this Zoom meeting.
We highly encourage online speakers to make use of headphones with integrated microphones in order to ensure a good audio quality.
How to upload your slides to Zenodo
We wish to make the presented slides available through Zenodo (https://www.zenodo.org), a CERN-developed platform for permanent storage of digital content. General information about the "ESO conference proceedings 2.0” at Zenodo can be found at https://www.eso.org/sci/meetings/zenodo.html
The main advantages of Zenodo are that the content will be
- citable: Zenodo will assign DOIs (Digital Object Identifiers; https://www.doi.org) to all submissions
- discoverable: the ESO Library will ensure the inclusion of the conference collection in the ADS Abstract Service
- archived: Zenodo will preserve the material permanently
The Zenodo privacy notice is available here: https://about.zenodo.org/privacy-policy
To include your contribution in the conference proceedings, please upload it to Zenodo following the steps below. These instructions are similar to the ones to upload a poster, but modifying the “Resource type” to “Presentation”.
- Make sure you have access to Zenodo (either through a personal account or using your ORCID or Github ID)
- Log into Zenodo at https://zenodo.org/uploads/new?community=alma2023
- Upload your contribution as follows:
- drag and drop PDF of your slides; click Start Upload (suggestion for file naming: ALMA2023_Presentation_LastName.pdf)
- Resource type:
- Select Presentation
- Basic information:
- Title: Title of your presentation
- Creator: Name, FirstName / Affiliation / ORCID (if available) of all co-authors/ Role
- Description: Abstract of your contribution
- License: The SOC suggests accepting the default Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license. The CC-BY license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0) allows re-distribution and re-use of a licensed work on the condition that the creator is appropriately credited.
- Optional: Conference (click bar to open section)
- Conference title: ALMA at 10 years: Past, Present, and Future
- Acronym: alma2023
- Place: Puerto Varas, Chile
- Dates: December 4-8, 2023
- Website: https://www.almaobservatory.org/en/alma-at-10-years-past-present-and-future/
- For the other fields, we suggest leaving them empty or accept the default values.
- When you are finished, click Publish to community.
The ALMA posters submitted to Zenodo can be found at https://zenodo.org/search?q=meeting.acronym%3A%22alma2023%22.
Please note that once you have granted your consent to include your presentation in the Zenodo collection by providing the required details, and after successful upload of your contribution, it will receive a DOI (Digital Object Identifier), will be indexed in the ADS Abstract Service, and shall remain available permanently. Therefore, please only upload final versions which are suitable for public distribution, please upload before December 16th. In case you absolutely need to withdraw or replace your uploaded content, please contact us.