Press conference on groundbreaking Milky Way results from the Event Horizon Telescope Collaboration
The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) project, the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) of NRAO/NAOJ/ESO, and the Atacama Pathfinder Experiment (APEX) of the European Southern Observatory (ESO) will hold a press conference to present a groundbreaking result from the EHT.
- When: on 12 May 2022 at 8:15 Chilean time.
- Where: The press conference will be held at Licancabur Room – Joint ALMA Observatory – Av. Alonso de Córdova 3107, Vitacura.
- What: A press conference to present groundbreaking Milky Way results from the EHT.
- Who: The event will be introduced by ALMA Director, Sean Dougherty, and Luis Chavarría, ESO Representative in Chile, and will feature presentations by researchers behind this result.
- RSVP: To access the Press Conference you must register by completing the form.
This invitation is addressed to media representatives only. To participate in the conference, members of the media must register by completing the form. Please indicate whether you wish to attend in person or if you will participate online only. On-site journalists will have a question-and-answer session with panelists during the conference. We will also take questions from registered journalists participating online. In-person individual interviews immediately after the conference are also possible.
The conference will be streamed on the ALMA Observatory website (www.almaobservatory.org), but only accredited journalists will be able to ask questions.
Shortly after the press conference begins, at 9:07 AM (Chilean time), a Press Release will be published and distributed.
Simultaneous press conferences will be held around the world, including in Garching (near Munich), Washington D.C., Mexico City, Tokyo and Taipei.