ALMA Site Visit - Family & Friends
ALMA employees may invite their family members and friends to visit the observatory, with permission. To request a visit, the form below should be filled and submitted at least 10 days in advance. The form is forwarded automatically to the Visit Coordinator (VC). If approved, the VCs will confirm this by email and enter your visit into the Actual Trip (AT), sending the necessary information to the ALMA Site Visit group.
ALMA employees are responsible for the visits they request and use a day off, vacation day or compensatory day for that purpose. Employees who are scheduled to work that day must obtain permission from their supervisor or manager.
ALMA does not have a special transportation service for visitors to and from San Pedro de Atacama. For visits to the AOS, the following conditions must be met:
• Be authorized by the Security department to drive to the AOS.
• If you rent a vehicle or use your own, it must comply with the requirements listed in the Safety Manual.
• ALMA has a minibus with capacity for 8 people that could provide round-trip transportation to and from AOS, but its availability will depend on Hospitality needs.
• The Director's vehicle may be available for use (capacity for up to 7 visitors).
• All visitors must pass the medical exam.
• The maximum authorized time to visit the AOS must not exceed 2 hours.
Visit Coordination cannot drive your vehicle to visit to the AOS.
If visitors would like to have lunch at the cantina of the OSF, the employee must inform it at the end of the form. Each staff member is entitled to 3 free invitations per year. If you exceed that number, you will need to pay the catering contractor directly via bank transfer on the day of your visit.